Thursday, March 1, 2012

Web Programming Blues, or, How I Ended Up With a Lightbox

So, I've been working on stuff...

...Got a large part of my website done, including a little over half of my portfolio content. It feels good to get some stuff done! If you get a chance, check it out and give me a bit of feedback! http://www.coreychilders.com


Here's an art book you better go get right now: From a Basement in Seattle: The Poster Art of Brad Klausen (thanks to Matt Lanke for introducing me to this awesomeness). It's amazing gig posters, mostly for Pearl Jam. But, unlike the similar (and also must-have) book Pearl Jam VS Ames Bros, Basement includes an almost ridiculous amount of process sketches, reference photos, and backstory to every poster in the book. Definite must-buy.

In other news, I've just ordered another guitar. An aged white Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 FR, to be exact. It'll be the first "good" guitar I've owned that features a Floyd Rose tremolo. Pretty excited.

I need to design and order some Moo cards for Advanced Graphics class... I just keep putting it off because I'm nervous about getting them. What makes me nervous is, while I have seen some good Moo cards, I've seen several sets of them on which the print quality was really poor, extremely pixelated, or the content inexplicably resized. Fingers crossed.

Cinema 4D, oh how awesome yet really difficult to learn you are! How Hal Teasler does it, I just don't understand. Dammit, Hal.

There's a Margot & the Nuclear So-and-So's concert coming up soon in Oxford. Gotta go to that, for sure.

Have fun and don't fall!

1 comment:

  1. Checking out web design grand rapids. I think I'll be getting a professional.

    grand rapids web design

    ReplyDelete